Sunday, June 14, 2009

EA VP says Xbox 360 is Maxed Out, PS3 can give more

We’ve seen the cold war between Sony’s PS3 and Microsoft’s Xbox 360, two next generation consoles. Recently a Microsoft spokesperson made bold comments saying that future Xbox 360 exclusives would surpass PS3 exclusive Killzone 2. So many heated discussions later, an EA exec seems to have settled it all.


Xbox 360 Maxed Out


According to the Official Xbox Magazine, OXM, Patrick Soderlund, Senior VP at EA Games Europe says that though the Xbox 360 is his favorite console, it has been “maxed out” while the PS3 hasn’t been.


Soderlund says, “I like the Natal. That’s cool. It’s an interesting device, so I’m truly impressed by Xbox. It’s my personal favourite console… I think Microsoft is on a roll right now. They’re doing really well. If I was Sony, I would have a headache, to be honest.” But he adds, “Sony has a lot of good games this year. If you go to their booth, there’s a very consistent, high quality product line-up and that will help them. I do think that we’ll see developers inside the organisation getting to understand the PS3 better and I think that we’re getting more power out of PS3 right now… I think that we’ve maxed out the 360 but we haven’t maxed out the PS3.”


All things considered this definitely doesn’t go down well with Microsoft’s estimated 10 year lifecycle for the Xbox 360.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy: